Greetings from SMILE NGO, India. It is one of the registered charitable society under Indian society Act since 2004. SMILE is located at Madhyamgram which is a peaceful suburb close to kolkata Airport (8 km approx). Madhyamgram is a place with loving and peaceful inhabitants. It is a complete town with all facilities and amenities ie: Shopping malls, movie halls, restaurants, well connected transportation, electricity, temples, online taxi, markets and other useful amenities. There are following ongoing projects where volunteers are welcome round the year.
Long and Middle term Projects (1-12 months) :-
* Informal School for Refugee Kids
* Street Children Welfare
* Underprivileged Girls Empowerment
* Intercultural and language Exchange
* Stray Dogs Welfare
* Yoga Workshop with refugee children
* Organic Farming and Nursery development
* Foreign language Teaching
* Basic Computer lesson to Children
* Art, Craft lesson to Children
* Music and Dance lesson to Kids
* Self Defence training to Underprivileged Girls
* Girls Empowerment Project Coordination Assistant
* Online Promotional Assistant
* Volunteer Coordination and promotional Assistant
* Content writer for websites, blogs, projects
* Youth Empowerment Project Coordination Assistant
International Volunteers of any age above 18 years are welcome to participate in these Volunteering activities. Medium term 1-3 months and Long term (4-12 months) opportunities are available for motivated international volunteers .
Living Expenses at local host family (includes… Shared room on floor/bunk bed with mattress, 3 meals, Limited wifi, airport transfer, language classes,training, coordinator etc. There is no other fees involved.
Living cost are as follows…..
First month €350 /head and every extra month there after would cost €250/head/month.
Maximum 12 months duration at Madhyamgram near Kolkata Airport of India. This money required to cover by volunteer. Payment need to be done on arrival by cash for full duration applied. This living cost is nonrefundable and nontransferable in anycase (early leaving or any medical issue or any other reason if volunteers quit from accommodations/project).
No financial support is available.All Volunteers required to cover their living expenses at host family as per above details.
Also other expenses for volunteers are as follows ie: flight costs, medical expenses (if any), and personal expenses. If you know anyone who is interested to get their hands dirty and experience an unmatched Indian culture and cuisine, then it is a place to stay .
We would be glad to welcome your motivated volunteers in India.
Looking forward to receive your energetic volunteers in our projects.
Thanking you all.SMILE Society(NGO /NPO),
WHAT’S APP :+919830150249